FACEBOOK LIVE TIPS
Someone asked me for some tips on doing their first Facebook Live tonight so I thought I wanted to share them with you too.
1) Set up a group and go and practise in it so you know how to turn it on and off and ensure the lighting and background are good.
2) Practise an opening line so you start off confidently as soon as you see you’re ‘on air’.
3) Map out an opener, your main content and a call to action at the end.
4) Wear something you feel confident in.
5) Put your main points on post-its right next to your phone so they are easy to see and you don’t forget any of your key points.
6) Make sure you look INTO the camera and not at yourself. This is better for the viewer because you’ll be looking at them and also for you because it will remind you that you’re doing this for the people watching.
7) If you forget what you’re talking about don’t worry about it...just say that and laugh. That will bring your brain out of the freeze and you’ll seem real and authentic.
8) Have fun. This doesn’t need to be perfect. My first Facebook Live lasted 4 mins because I was so nervous but it gets easier and now I really enjoy them.
9) And remember this...only people who are pushing themselves out of their comfort zone and therefore growing that experience nervous and stage fright. So it’s a great sign if you’re feeling a bit nervous.
WATCH THE VIDOES BELOW FOR more tips: