SO WHAT CAN YOU CREATE CONTENT ON?
- Go through each type and list some tips you could share.
- How to flatter a mum-tum (only use this language if your ICA wouldn't be insulted!)
- Finding the right jeans for your body shape.
Think about what questions your ICA would have about body shape and style consultations and answer them.
Think about what questions your ICA would have about this and answer them.
- How to mix & match colours.
- The trend colours.
- How to wear a trend colour.
- Which colours suit which season/tone.
- How fabric changes the appearance of colour.
- How to wear black even if it doesn't suit you.
- Where to find your colours.
- The science of colour.
- Phycology of colour.
- The importance of wearing the right colours.
- How to add more colour to your wardrobe.
- Developing a colour palette for your wardrobe.
- Colour trends for Spring Summer / Autumn Winter.
- Wearing colour in winter.
- 50 Shades of Berry (I used this when the first 50 Shades of Grey book came out. Always be on the lookout for a play on words to grab your readers' attention.)
- How to Dress in Your 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s etc (do a new post for each).
- Weekend Styles.
- Size Doesn’t Matter, Fit Does.
- Runway to Reality.
- How to Wear Dungarees (or whatever the latest trend is).
- 3 of the Best blazers/blouses/flat caps (insert latest trend).
- Best Buys for this Season’s Key Looks .
(You can do hundreds of '3 of the Best', 'How to' and 'Best Buys' articles!! These alone can keep you busy for over a year. Women love to see how trends can be made accessible to all. This will show you keep abreast of the trends and can select gorgeous garments from all the hundreds of items flooding into stores. This makes you invaluable!)
- Fashion Versus Style
- How to Develop Your Own Style
- Iconic Signature Looks
- Style Personalities Explained (relate this to celebs and or clients rather than giving away your own method. They can definitely pay you for that!).
- Wearing the correct bra size.
- Finding control underwear that fits
- How to make your bust look bigger/smaller.
- Taking care of your delicates.
- Protecting your investment pieces.
- What every wardrobe needs.
- Creating a capsule wardrobe when you're a romantic.
- Creating a capsule wardrobe for your holiday.
- What to keep and what to throw (recycle!).
- How to special every day.
- Wearing clothes that make you feel good.
- How to feel confident in your own skin.
- How to love your curves.
- Dressing your height.
- How to look and feel good naked.
- What's hot right now.
- How to wear the tassle earrings.
- 10 ways to wear a scarf.
- How much is too much when it comes to accessorising?
- Finding the right bag for your body shape.
- Updating a look using accessories.
- Go from day to night just with accessories.
- Transform a simple outfit (T-shirt and jeans) using accessories.
Women love to know how they can nod to the trends without looking like mutton dressed as lamb!!
- Explain what the trends are this season (use your trend boards!)
- How to wear the ____ trend.
- Stylist winter dressing.
- How to stay warm without looking bulky.
- Dressing for Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter.
- Transition from Winter to Spring (Spring to Summer and so on.Women often struggle with what to wear between seasons.)
- Swimwear for your Body Shape.
- How to Pack for a 2 Week Holiday.
- How to Layer for Winter.
- Summer Trend: Lace (or whatever it is! You can use this countless times and apply to each season.)
- Dressing for Ladies Day at Ascot.
- Jeans for Genes (this is a charity in the UK. You can talk about body shape in relation to jeans again! I found people never tire of this...everyone is looking for ‘The One’ when it comes to jeans.)
- Your Best Pink / Think Pick (October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month)
- Present/stocking filler ideas (include your gift vouchers!!)
- How to Wear a Sparkly jacket (or whatever else) without looking OTT.
- What to wear to the Christmas Party.
- Gift Vouchers (Write a post on your gift vouchers and include a photo of them looking gorgeous and a testimonial, if you have one.)
- Stylist Christmas jumpers.
- How to wear red (or green).
YOU - her stylist!
- Story of your style
- How you became a stylist
- Why you became a stylist
- How to be a Savvy Shopper.
- How to Shop the Sales.
- What to Wear When You go Shopping.
- Questions to Ask Before you Buy an Item.
- How to shop like a stylist (give her tips but this will ultimately showcase you!)
- Post when brands have a sale on
- Post a coupon code your ICA would be excited to use.
- Workout Wear.
- What to Wear on a First Date.
- What to Wear for an Interview
- Maternity Wear.
- How to Dress Your Post-Baby Body.
THESE WILL REALLY PIQUE THEIR INTEREST IN YOUR SERVICES:
- What happens in a Style Consultation?
- What happens on a Personal Shop?
- What happens in a Colour Consultation?
- How to use a Colour Wallet
- What happens in a Wardrobe Consultation?
- How to Breathe Life into Unworn Clothes.
- Why you should hire a personal shopper.
- What to ask a personal stylist before you hire her.
- Before and after photos of clients (with their permission of course!)
- Case studies & testimonials.
- Q&A of frequently asked questions
- Are your clothes making you look bigger? (Not many women want to look bigger! Highlight the key areas to show you are an expert and that she can come to YOU for help with this.)
PLEASE NOTE: Make sure whatever you write about is relevant to your ICA, especially to begin with! Keep your message very clear. I know you can talk about style for any age and lifestyle and men too but keep focussed on who you want to hire you and the needs she has!
WHERE TO FIND INSPIRATION
- Other successful stylists
- TV programmes linked to style/bodies
- Films linked to style/bodies
- Style books
- Your own training modules
- Pinterest articles and how-tos (create a 'secret' board with ideas)
- Books on self-confidence
- Clothing brands - follow them and sign up to some newsletters (Mint Velvet send amazing newsletters and cover more than just clothes - they have people writing articles for their blog).