Once you decide that you're going to give talks/presentations, it's really not that hard to find places to do them. I offered them for free to begin with and then ended up being invited to be the guest speaker and charged a fee. Yes, paid to market my business! Woohoo.
These are all places I did talks/presentations and speeches for:
24 PLACES/PEOPLE TO CONTACT TO OFFER TALKS
Contact local businesses who are already serving your ICA and offer to give a talk/presentation for free:
- Beautiy salons.
- Gyms - large ones like David Lloyd, Curves and smaller ones too.
- Weight-loss Clubs - I had a LOT of business from LigherLife.
- Business buildings.
- Department stores.
- Shops - don't be afraid to aim high here!
- Life Coach.
- Health Coach.
- Personal Trainers running group exercises classes.
- Friends and family.
- Make-up Artist.
- Massage therapists.
- Host your own Colour/Style evening. Invite friends and ask them to bring a friend (take loads of photos for your website and social media).
- Ask someone to host a colour/style party and invite X people to get a free X with you.
- Contact the PTA at your local schools and offer to run an event for mums and/or staff.
- Go to networking meetings in your local area and ask people if they know anyone who’d like you to do a free talk.
- Put a Style/Colour Party page on your website.
- Add a ‘Speaker’ page on your website.
- Keep an eye out for things going on locally that you could get involved with.
- Contact a local college and ask if you can run a (paid!) course.
It's not a NO until you ask. Do NOT assume someone will not be interested before you've even spoken to them. Before you contact them think - what's in it for them?
You'll may need to incentivise here especially if they are having to gather people for you- they are running a business too at the end of the day! But don't start with that. Wait for them to say no first and then you can offer a commission or similar.