60+ CONTENT IDEAS
60+ CONTENT IDEAS
To be a success you need potential clients to KNOW that you are the go-to-woman when it comes to all things clothes related. DO NOT worry about giving away information for free! That’s the biggest mistake I see many entrepreneurs making when it comes to communicating with their list.
I know it sounds rather counter-intuitive but you should happily be writing ‘How To’ articles. I know lots of Image Consultants who hold back through fear of 'giving away too much of their knowledge' (that was me back in 2008!). But it doesn't work like that. Let's be honest, if they can buy a book on it or Google it then you shouldn't be afraid of writing about it!!
You need to show you are an expert in your field.
I can assure you that your Ideal Clients will want YOU to do this work FOR them! That's why people hire Image Consultants and Personal Stylists. They want someone to tell them what to wear. They want someone to choose items for them to buy. They want to be told which colour suits them. They want an expert; someone to build their confidence and bring them out of their comfort zone. And that someone is YOU!
Yes you may inspire some to have a go and do it for themselves but they wouldn’t have been hiring you anyway, right?!
To help you along the way, I’ve create a list of 60 content ideas for your blogs/newsletters/videos and social media posts.
P.S. Let these be a source of inspiration and get creative with your titles.
1. The Importance of Wearing the Right Colours
2. How to Add More Colour To Your Wardrobe
3. Developing a colour palette for your wardrobe
4. Colour Trends for Spring Summer / Autumn Winter
5. Wearing Colour in Winter
6. 50 Shades of Berry (I used this when the first 50 Shades of Grey book came out. Always been on the lookout for a play on words to grab your readers' attention.)
7. The Psychology of Colour
8. Find your Perfect Jeans (this is one every women wants, from experience!)
9. How to Dress in Your 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s etc (do a new post for each)
10. Underwear: Building the Right Foundations
11. Weekend Styles
12. Size Doesn’t Matter, Fit Does
13. Runway to Reality
14. Fashion Versus Style
15. How to Develop Your Own Style
16. Iconic Signature Looks
17. Style Personalities Explained (relate this to celebs and or clients rather than giving away your own method. They can definitely pay you for that!)
18. How to Wear Dungarees (or whatever the latest trend is)
19. 3 of the Best blazers/blouses/flat caps (insert latest trend)
20. Best Buys for this Season’s Key Looks
(You can do hundreds of '3 of the Best', 'How to' and 'Best Buys' articles!! These alone can keep you busy for over a year. Women love to see how trends can be made accessible to all. This will show you keep abreast of the trends and can select gorgeous garments from all the hundreds of items flooding into stores. This makes you invaluable!)
21. Dressing for Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter
22. Transition from Winter to Spring (Spring to Summer and so on.Women often struggle with what to wear between seasons.)
23. Swimwear for your Body Shape
24. How to Pack for a 2 Week Holiday
25. How to Layer for Winter
26. Winter outfits / How to Look Hot When It's Cold Outside
27. Summer Trend: Lace (or whatever it is! You can use this countless times and apply to each season.)
28. Dressing for Ladies Day at Ascot
29. Jeans for Genes (this is a charity in the UK. You can talk about body shape in relation to jeans again! I found people never tire of this...everyone is looking for ‘The One’ when it comes to jeans.)
30. Your Best Pink / Think Pick (October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month)
31. Stocking Filler Ideas
32. How to Wear a Sparkly jacket without looking OTT
33. What to wear to the Christmas Party
34. Gift Vouchers (Write a post on your gift vouchers and include a photo of them looking gorgeous and a testimonial, if you have one.)
35. The Best Christmas Jumpers
36. How to Wear Red
37. How to be a Savvy Shopper
38. How to Shop the Sales
39. What to Wear When You go Shopping
40. 6 Questions to Ask Before you Buy an Item
41. How to Personalise Your Office Clothes
42. Office Capsule Wardrobe
43. What to Wear on Dress-Down Fridays
44. Take your Look from Day to Night
45. Workout Wear
46. How to Tie a Scarf (always such a big hit and requested whenever I used to do workshops.)
47. What to Wear on a First Date
48. What to Wear for an Interview
49. Maternity Wear
50. How to Dress Your Post-Baby Body
GET THEM BUYING FROM YOU...
GET THEM BUYING FROM YOU...
51. What happens in a Style Consultation?
52. What happens on a Personal Shop?
53. What happens in a Colour Consultation?
54. How to use a Colour Palette
55. What happens in a Wardrobe Consultation?
56. How to Breathe Life into Unworn Clothes
57. Why you should hire a personal shopper
58. Before and after photos of clients (with their permission of course!)
59. Case studies
60. Q&A of frequently asked questions
61. Are your clothes making you look bigger? (Not many women want to look bigger! Highlight the key areas to show you are an expert and that she can come to YOU for help with this.)
I could go on and on but that's more than enough to get your creative juices flowing. These will keep you busy for months!
The more you write the more inspired you'll be.
Be the go-to girl and show you really know your stuff; it will leave them wanting more and more!
WHAT DO I KNOW?
WHAT DO I KNOW?
That's me on my photo-shoot a few years back. Things have changed quite a bit since then (and not just my hair and dress size).
I'm Emma Ward and in 2008 I trained to become an Image Consultant. I literally didn't have a clue what I was doing!
I had zero confidence and zero business-know-how. As a result my business was a complete flop. You can read about my journey here but to sum up:
I went from hiding behind my laptop to getting in front of roomfuls of women.
Here are some of the companies/organisations I was a guest speaker for (Yes, ME - the girl who used to blush in front of strangers!!!)
I'm a qualified Confidence Coach and Business Coach. The mix of mindset work and business strategies are essential to any business' success.
I work with female service-based business owners to increase their confidence, get clarity on their Ideal Client, create a marketing strategy and get in front of a MUCH larger audience.
In short: I want your business to thrive!
I think Image Consultants and Personal Stylists do incredible work and I want to help more of them get their message out into the world and ultimately SELL more consultations.