CONFIDENCE BEGINS WITH SELF-CARE
Esteem = noun: respect and admiration
Therefore, self-esteem means SELF respect and SELF admiration.
And Confidence is linked to your Self-Esteem.
Yes, it really is ok to like, respect and admire yourself! In fact it is the only path to true Self-Confidence.
What better way to show yourself respect than by listening to your body's needs?
Here are 33 different self-care acts to start showing your body some respect and admiration
Rest Your Body:
- Go to bed early
- Take a nap
- Have a duvet day
- Wake up naturally–without an alarm clock
- Sleep in the pitch black
- Turn off all devices at night
Nourish Your Body:
- Be fully present when you eat
- Cook from scratch
- Take a multi-vitamin
- Drink fresh juices/smoothies
- Eat when you feel like it–not by the clock
- Buy something delicious from a farmer's market
- Drink 2 litres of water daily
Connect With Nature:
- Walk bare foot in the grass
- Go for a picnic
- Sit outside and watch the clouds go by
- Go to the beach
- Swim in the ocean
Gently Move Your Body:
- Go to a yoga class
- Rebalance with pilates
- Go for a gentle bike ride
- Go to a spa for the day
Pamper Your Body:
- Have a massage
- Get a new hair cut and/or colour
- Have a manicure and pedicure
- Take a hot shower
- Put on a homemade face mask
- Slather on gorgeous body lotion
- Soak in the bath with soft music and candles
- Body brush
Which of these can you incorporate into the coming week? What is your favourite way to take care of your body? What else is on your list? As always, I would love you to leave your comments in the comments box below.
Until next time, take care of yourself.