Did you take the 'Languages of Love' quiz from my last blog post: 'The First Step To Loving Yourself'? If you did then you will have discovered your primary language of love. This is the way that you feel most comfortable giving and receiving love.
The 5 languages of love are:
- Words of Affirmation
- Physical Touch
- Acts of Service
- Receiving Gifts
- Quality Time
As promised, I have compiled a list of different examples for each language. These are specifically aimed at showing YOURSELF the love you crave. When we take care of, respect and love ourselves then our health, our relationships and our whole life improves. Trust me, I have seen it in my own life and the lives of countless clients. So, let's get loving...
'Words of Affirmation' examples:
• Say affirmations to yourself when you wake up. • Write a love letter to yourself—list all your qualities. • Record your letter on your phone to listen to. • Look in the mirror and talk to yourself in a loving way. • Write down 10 things to congratulate yourself for.
'Acts of Service' examples:
- Say yes if someone offers to help you
- Hire a cleaner
- Hire a coach
- Hire a personal trainer/VA/ childminder
- Where else can you allow yourself to have help?
'Receiving Gifts' examples:
- Buy yourself flowers
- Buy yourself gorgeous bath products
- Buy yourself beautiful stationery
- Send yourself that love letter— receive it in the post
- Buy the best quality food you can afford.
'Physical Touch' examples:
- Slather on gorgeous body lotion
- Book a massage
- Wear cashmere or silk
- Wear gorgeous underwear
- Hug yourself!! Why not?
'Quality Time' examples:
- Listen to your body’s needs
- Follow the self-care tips from my previous blog here.
- Write in a journal—allow your feelings out
- Start a new hobby
- Have quality 'me time' (here's a Pinterest board of ideas)
- 'Date' yourself!*
Which is your language of love? How are you going to love yourself this week? Let me know in the comment box below...
Until next time, take care of yourself.
Not sure which language of love you speak? You can take the quiz here.